Sunday, November 23, 2008

Colony Wars...

I missed it this week due to odd circumstances. The power went out in my living room, so I thought the breaker must be bad. But none of them were tripped. So I tried flipping a bunch, including the one that had my computer running in it. So that went off and reset, and when I tried to reboot it, it wouldn't. It would boot, but not make it to windows.

However, eventually I discovered that taking out my USB memory stick would let it boot. Which doesn't make much sense, because I leave it in there all the time, usually (it's how I back up my novels that I'm working on)

Anyway, I was pleased to learn we did pretty well in CW. Took 2 Colonies, apparently, but couldn't hold them against the combined forces of Neph and Mael.
Oh well.

OTOH, I later learned that part of the help our clan had was McGeezers new clan. As I really hate that guy (and he's a big part of the reason I quit playing for a month or so) that really turned my stomach.

I've never been too fond of being allies with Fatal either, I dislike their leader, but many of the members are decent enough, so I was largely willing to let bygones be bygones. But McGeezers is just too much.

So, I dunno what I'm going to do. Quit the clan is one option. Just not take part in CW any more is another. Taking a break from the game and buying Mines of Moria is yet another, though I can't really afford that until another month or so, given how much I've spent lately. Almost got Runes of Magic downloaded, so maybe that's an option. (Sadly, the room I leave my laptop in is the one without power, I think I need to change breakers. But I was going to have it patch tonight and try playing it tomorrow. Oh well).

No comments: